Pullin' for Sue

There's a valley in Southeastern Minnesota and it seems Sue has found it. This blog is a place for friends and family to keep track of Sue's progress and also a place where prayers and concerns can be posted for Sue. Please check back often for updates and sign Sue's guest book.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

March 2009 update

Well, as of yesterday I completed my 30 days of radiation and 42 days of chemo. I'd have to say it went very well, meaning very few sick days. I slept a lot, which is really needed to keep up my strength. A very nice surprise was the fact that I lost very little hair this time. What a blessing to not have to wear scarves or wigs. It sounds so vein but it is nice to go out, and about not walking into a room where your head attire screams "cancer". It's easier to feel part of a crowd then standing out in one. I won't have my next MRI until the end of March, so we really won't know until then how the treatments managed my tumor. Having spent the last 30 days at desk R reminded me of how many people are effected by cancer. A little four year old girl with a baseball hat sitting in her dad's lap everyday waiting for radiation with so much courage reminded me once again of the many blessings I have had. Will ,11 years old with brain cancer back for the 3rd time. I can not begin to imagine what it would be like to have your child in this situation. It's a different world in those waiting rooms, so full of hope and understanding of what we have been dealt. I don't see tears or sadness, I see one day at a time, one MRI at a time and in between a lot of great fullness for the day we've been bless to have. I have the month of March off of all treatments. Then will start a higher dose of Chem in April through October, as long as the tumors stay away. If not, we will look at our options at that time.

Ed, myself, and the Lunds head to Florida this week for Twins training camp. It is something I have always wanted to see. So the adventures continue, on the road again. I am so great full for each and everyone of them.

Love and God's blessings to all
Sue

2 Comments:

At Sun Mar 15, 11:36:00 PM 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Just got done reading your March 2009 update. Glad to hear you and the family had such a great time on your cruise, that you have a month off of treatments and that you are off again enjoying LIFE! We think of you, often, and keep you in our prayers. You and your family are amazing, wonderful people. Hope spring training was great. Mike and I just got back from Florida visiting his folks. Everyday, 85, sun shining and the sky a beautiful blue. We went to the beach one evening to watch the sun set. It was more beautiful than a picture with the sun going down, the birds flying and the breeze coming off of the ocean. We are truly blessed with so many beautiful things that God has given to us to enjoy on earth, especially our friends and family. We will pray for good news in April. You are all in our hearts. Mike and Denise

 
At Thu Mar 19, 08:46:00 PM 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay Sue, Not sure if you remember me. we met at rochester my husband Mark has a tumor also but its not cancer. I have been thinking about you. it sounds things are going well. Marks started growing a little so Buckner got him back on kemo pills again. But God is good and I know he is using this in his name. take care and God Bless Brenda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home