Pullin' for Sue

There's a valley in Southeastern Minnesota and it seems Sue has found it. This blog is a place for friends and family to keep track of Sue's progress and also a place where prayers and concerns can be posted for Sue. Please check back often for updates and sign Sue's guest book.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

4 weeks off

Hi all, hope this email finds all of you happy and healthy!
Life is good, I finished yesterday my 6 weeks of treatments. I am so looking forward to getting some energy back. Dr. told me not to expect much for a few weeks. My next scheduled appt will be January 2nd MRI and then back on chemo.
Hopefully my hair will start growing back fast, I am so hoping for curly or at the least thicker. Thank you all for the continued support, I am so richly blessed.
A special thanks to my best friend and partner. Ed you have been unbelievable thru this whole journey. I am going to work hard and be strong, so hopefully, if it is God's will I can grow older with you. I feel like we have just begun. I love you so!

7 Comments:

At Tue Nov 28, 12:00:00 PM 2006, Blogger Todd C said...

I hope you enjoy the time off from the treatments Sue - you've earned a break. It was great seeing you, Ed, Holly, and Drew at your place for Thanksgiving. We all didn't know what we had been missing after all these years of Ed doing the cooking - you made his work taste like Chef Boy-ar-Dee. Keep up your great attitude Sue.
Love

 
At Tue Nov 28, 12:32:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stumpy,
It was great seeing you thanksgiving. It is always a good time when we get together. Thank you so much for the great meal. I don't know why Ed always bashed your cooking? He must be jealous! Anyway, you looked great, keep fighting the good fight.
Love,
Steve

 
At Wed Nov 29, 03:05:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue,

What a great tool for us to be able to keep up with you and not have to constantly be bothering you for details. What a beautiful gift for us all. Thanks so much Todd!

Sue, when I saw that you have already had thousands of visitors, it didn't surprise me one little bit.

You have always been such an inspiration to the people around you - being around you makes people feel good - about you, about themselves, about the world in general. It's a rare and precious gift.

Shortly after I started getting to know you (oh so many years ago) I remembered having to write a paper in one of my highschool classes. I was to write about the person I most admired and it couldn't be a family member - you weren't one... yet :) I probably never told you this, but I wrote mine about you. (You see, I know a good thing when I see it :)

When I saw this blogspot, I went looking for that paper to see if I still had it. Unfortunately, with all the moving around we have done over the years, I think it has been lost. But the person it described (you) and the way I feel about you has never been lost. Time has only confirmed that my insights were correct.

We love you, Ed, Holly, Drew, and Teka and look forward to keeping posted on how things are going in Rochester via this site.

Big hugs and lots of love to each of you,

Lauren (Ed's sister)

 
At Wed Nov 29, 08:47:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gang,
Thanks for all your time and effort in warming the heart of my favorite girl. Those of you that made the effort to be here on Thanksgiving and fight through Sue's meal (thank God for the ham) meant a ton. We had a bunch of laughs and Sue had that million dollar smile glued to her face all day. Steve, Barb, Derek, Ashley, Todd, Lauren, Rach, & Nancy (Ryan here in spirit from Iraq) as well as the Sue's Mom and my mother and Holly and Drew...it was a very special day.

In addition to our special family day has been the ongoing support and love we have received from so many people. Sue mentioned there has been less than 5 days SINCE SEPT 10th that she has not gotten at least one card in the mail...wow. That's almost 3 months! This is in addition to all the flowers, meals certificates and visits. We are forever grateful! Thanks to all of you for your time and effort. It DOES mean a lot.

As we approach the Christmas season take a few extra minutes to hug your loved ones...we sure are! Happy Holidays!

 
At Thu Nov 30, 10:41:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis
it great to her your doing fine, but then i always new you were tough. (drew had to get it from someone). It sounds like we missed a great meal but if we would have been their it wouldn't have been so peasefull for the rest of you.
thinking about you lots.
love mark

 
At Mon Dec 04, 11:45:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mama,
Nice to read up on your blog. Iam suprised you were able to figure out how to do the postings>haha...hope you are enjoying your time off i may be home to see you saturday. hope the dells was fun...we need to put in taravius.. can't wait to go to the twins home opener with you again this year.. love drew

 
At Fri Dec 08, 02:45:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,It was nice talking to you.You have such a great attitute & faith,that I know that you will put up a great fight & come up on top. You are always on my mind & in my prayers. Love Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home